The President’s Office categorically refuted yesterday as baseless and inaccurate the allegations made by JVP Parliamentarian Vijitha Herath that Rs.8,000 million had been allocated for the personal use of the president in the future.
Media reports quoting the MP who held a press briefing on October 25 stated that further Rs. 2,400 million had been allocated for the president through a vote on account.
“The President’s Office emphasised that no funds had been allocated for the personal use of any former or current presidents and the allocated money will be utilised for the activities of the President’s Office,” The President’s Office said.
A major share of the expenditure head of the President had been spent on presidential task forces which are currently underway and several other development activities, it added.
In this context, while rejecting such malicious allegations the President’s Office wishes to state that no funds had been allocated for the personal use of the President, the communique issued by the Presidential Secretariat further said.