Despite the risky health situation prevailing in the country, the water supply, meter reading, and issuance of the bill will be carried out as per usual, the National Water Supply and Drainage Board (NWSDB) stated.
The NWSDB requests the public to support the NWSDB and its employees in their national mission to provide uninterrupted water supply to the people.
Accordingly, consumers are urged to:
– Allow meter readers, who follow strict hygiene guidelines, to easily access the water meter
– Avoid meeting or talking to the meter reader
– Collect the bill which will be left at a convenient place (i.e. post box) by the meter reader at the end of the reading
– Call the number found on the other side of the bill with regard to any issue with the bill
In addition, the NWSDB has issued further instructions to consumers with regard to the water bill:
– Consumers can pay their water bill through the website www.waterboard.lk or the ‘NWSDB Self-Care’ app through mobile phones
– The toll-free hotline 1939 can be accessed 24/7 for consumer issues
– To be alerted on the latest updates regarding the water supply, consumers can contact: 071 93 99 999
– The status of the water bill can be obtained by typing ‘E [Water Bill Account Number]’ and sending an SMS to 071 93 99 999