The Police Headquarters says that Special Operations Rooms have been established in each province in the country, in order to share national security-related information with the public.
The release said that during an emergency situation the people can obtain information relevant to their area through these Special Operations Rooms while in addition to this the public can also notify these SORs regarding information pertaining to the security situation.
These Special Operations Rooms have been established at the respective Senior DIG’s Offices under the supervision of the Senior DIGs.
Southern Province (Matara)
041-2234412 – Fax
Uva Province (Badulla)
055-2228033 – Fax
Central Province (Kandy)
Easter Province (Batticaloa)
065-2228808 – Fax
Sabaragamuwa Province (Ratnapura)
045-2222480 – Fax
North Western Province (Kurunegala)
037-2225000 – Fax
North Central Province (Anuradhapura)
025-2234862 – Fax
Northern Province (Kankasanthurai)
021-2220008 – Fax
Five operations rooms established in Western Province
- Kalutara DIG’s Office (Kalutara) – 034-2222227
- Panadura SP’s Office (Panadura) – 038-2233228
- Colombo Range DIG’s Office – 011-2431031
- Western Province (South) DIG’s Office (Mirihana) – 011-2852057
- Western Province (North) DIG’s Office (Peliyagoda) – 011-2908888